According to the Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Border Protection, there are two ways to apply for a police clearance check in Australia:
- you can apply online using the National Police Check Online Application Form
- you can download the application form so you can fill it out on your computer or you can print it out and complete it by hand and submit via post. Emailed applications are not accepted.
If you use the online form:
- under Section B: Purpose of check, you must select:
- Purpose Type: Commonwealth purpose / Employment
- Purpose of Check: Immigration/Citizenship.
If you download or print the form:
- under Section 8: Purpose of check:
- mark the checkbox next to question number 33 – Immigration/Citizenship.
More information on how to complete the National Police Check application form is available from the Australian Federal Police website.
You will not be asked to have your fingerprints taken when you apply for a police clearance in Australia.
Completely sourced from: https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-do-i-apply-for-a-police-check-if-i-am-in-australia